Exhibit Dates: November 18, 2017 – April 23, 2018
The focus of this exhibit will be on vehicles used in business pursuits, but not just trucks . . . business coupes designed for traveling salesmen, doctors coupe, jitney vans, pickup trucks and professional cars such as limousines, hearses, ambulances & more.
|photo courtesy of Jay Crist|
The 1919 Walker potato truck and this vintage ice cream truck are both expected as part of this exhibit. The Saratoga potato truck will be on view at the Hemmings Concours in Lake George in September before it arrives here for the November exhibit.
We’re always in search of great vehicles and owners who are willing to loan them for our featured exhibits. Here’s what we’re looking for to be a part of this exhibit:
- business coupes (designed for traveling salesmen)
- doctors’ coupes
- coupe express (coupe body with pick-up bed built in, similar to the Australian “ute”)
- so-called “professional cars” — limousines, hearses, ambulances, flower cars
- forerunners of today’s SUV, such as early Willys 4WD wagons, Jeep Wagoneers and Grand Wagoneers, International Harvester Travelalls, Chevy and GMC Suburbans and Carry-Alls
- sedan deliveries (Ford Courier, etc.)
- jitney vans
If you have something that fits the description, feel free to email our curator SSipko@AACAMuseum.org with photo and description.
Two of our new donations – A 1938 Mack Firetruck and a 1922 Brockway LaFrance Firetruck will both be on view as part of this exhibits.
Note: vehicles subject to change.