Keep the Wheels Turning! Be part of a museum for all ages! Over 200 wonderful volunteers have contributed their time and talents to help make the AACA Museum successful. There are opportunities in all areas of the museum operations, from enhancing the visitor experience, to carrying out projects behind the scenes.
- Gallery Guides
- Tour Guides for Groups
- Model Train Crew
- Youth Volunteer Program
Behind the Scenes
- Vehicle Crew (detailing, maintenance, movement)
- Grounds Maintenance Crew
- Supporting Display Crew
- Office Assistants
- Car Shows
- Museum Events
- Fund-raising Events
Benefits of Volunteering
- Meeting new friends
- Greeting interesting Guests from around the world who visit the Museum
- Utilizing skills, teaching them to others, sharing your story!
- Discount in the AACA Museum Retail Store
- Subscription to Viewpoint, a volunteer e-newsletter
- Annual picnic
- Guest passes
- Logo shirts and nametags for regular Volunteers who show an ongoing commitment to service
- Lifetime Membership (1000 hours)
- Training opportunities when we open new Exhibits – in addition to preview parties (complimentary)
- Volunteer Recognition Dinner
Why do we volunteer?
Bob has enjoyed volunteering in many positions over the years. He was a volunteer before there was a Museum. He began as a member of an Advisory Council in the planning of the building and played a key role in the construction of the authentic gas station, the machine shop, and other attractions. Bob is a “hands-on” type of guy who solves problems, makes repairs, builds and rebuilds, and teaches others. He continues to volunteer in a variety of positions including Vehicle Mechanic and Groundskeeper Leader. When asked why do you volunteer? Bob answered …The Museum has many complex machines that need attention and steady care. Bob enjoys old friends and making new friends while volunteering.
Apply to Volunteer
Please fill out the online application below.
For more information email us.