We know that our guests have questions about what to expect when they come back to the Museum. To aid in our commitment to providing a healthy environment, we have implemented Pennsylvania and CDC COVID-19 guidelines and protocols.
- Capacity guidelines limit the number of people allowed on the premises.
- Temperature checks will be conducted.
- We require guests to wear face coverings and encourage the use of hand sanitizer.
- Markers are placed throughout exhibition spaces to promote social distancing.
- We plan regular sanitization of frequently touched surfaces.
- Our hands-on exhibits, interactive displays, and train room will remain closed.
We’re committed to the safety of all who visit. Our visitor guidelines are designed to help keep guests, staff, & volunteers safe while enjoying your experience at the AACA Museum.
- When you enter the parking lot, please stay to the right of the circular driveway and pull under the roofed entryway. Look for posted signs.
- A museum employee will greet you, provide additional instructions, and answer any questions.
- The employee will ask you and your group the following questions:
➢ Has anyone in your group been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
➢ Is anyone in your group experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
➢ Has anyone in your group had a new loss of taste or smell?
➢ Does anyone in your group have a temperature above 100.4 degrees?
NOTE: If anyone in the group answers “yes” to any of the above questions, the group will NOT be admitted into the museum building(s).
- You or your group will then be given a specific time when you will be able to begin your Museum tour. Please remain in your vehicle in the parking lot or return to the museum 15 minutes before your start time. Please do not congregate in the parking lot. Max size of groups is 6 guests. Groups larger than 6 will be divided into smaller groups.
NOTE: We recommend purchasing tickets online to save time when checking in.
- Upon entering the building you and your group will be required to wear face masks, undergo temperature checks using a touchless thermometer, and use provided hand sanitizer. If the temperature is above 100.4 degrees, you can request a second temperature check using a different thermometer.
NOTE: If both readings show temperature above 100.4 or any guest refuses to be tested or wear a face mask, guests will be asked to leave the building.
- You and your group will then follow posted signs to the retail store where you can check-in, purchase tickets, and ask any additional questions to the guest service representative.
- All groups must stay a minimum of 6 feet away from other guests, staff, or volunteers.
➢ 6-foot boxes are marked on the floor to facilitate group separation.
➢ Please use the marked stairways to access the lower and upper levels. Elevator use is available for handicapped guests.
➢ Please inform any staff member or volunteer if anyone is not adhering to the AACA Museum’s social distancing guidelines.
Thank you for your cooperation following these guidelines to keep everyone safe.