The AACA Museum, Inc. (the “Museum”) is raffling a 2022 Corvette Stingray (C8) Coupe 1LT. No more than 2500 raffle tickets (tickets or raffle tickets) will be sold. The price per ticket is $55 for a single ticket or $50 per ticket if more than one ticket is purchased at the same time. (Cash, Check, or PayPal linked to a bank account payment only). The prize drawing will be held on Saturday, October 8, 2022, at 3:00 pm at the Museum, Hershey, PA. The First Prize winner has the option of accepting a voucher equivalent to the MSRP of a 2023 Corvette, Stingray (C8) Coupe 1LT (base model without optional equipment) or $63,000, whichever is lower, to be redeemed only from Turner Chevrolet or a $40,000 cash prize. The winner is responsible for all taxes and license fees associated with the registration of the vehicle. The winner is also responsible for state and federal income taxes, including a 24 percent federal tax withholding to be collected when the prize is awarded. The winner should consult a tax advisor. The second prize is a $3,000 cash prize, and the third prize is a $1,000 cash prize. If fewer than 1500 tickets are sold, the raffle becomes a “50/50” raffle, with the First Prize winner receiving 45% of the collected net revenue. The Second and Third Prizes will be 3.75% and 1.25% of the collected net revenue, respectively. All proceeds benefit the Museum. Not legal in Alabama, Hawaii, Kansas, South Carolina, Utah and may not be legal in additional states, including Michigan. Amounts paid for tickets are not deductible as charitable contributions. Special Raffle Permit #101-1, License #101.
The complete raffle rules are below. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be bound by these rules. The Museum’s interpretation and application of the rules are final.
A voucher for the MSRP toward the purchase of a new 2023 Corvette Stingray (C8) Coupe 1LT (base model with standard options) is to be redeemed only with Turner Chevrolet of Harrisburg, PA (the “Corvette Voucher”). Alternatively, the First Prize winner may elect to receive a cash prize of $40,000. See the prize limitation under “Tickets.”
Second and Third Prize s
A cash prize of $3,000 for the Second Prize and $1,000 for the Third Prize will be awarded. See the prize limitation under “Tickets.”
The prize drawings will be held on Saturday, October 8, 2022, starting at 3:00 pm in the Museum’s Lobby, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA 17033. Tickets will not be available after 2:55 pm on October 8, 2022. Obtaining a raffle ticket does not entitle the raffle ticket holder general admission to the Museum. The winners are determined by a random drawing of raffle tickets. The winners need not be present to win. There will be three tickets drawn. The first ticket drawn will be the First Prize winner. The second ticket drawn will be the Second Prize winner. The third ticket drawn will be the Third Prize winner. Drawing results are not final until after a routine audit is conducted of the tickets in the drawing barrel.
The winners are determined by a random drawing of raffle tickets. The winners need not be present to win.
There will be three tickets drawn. The first ticket drawn will be the First Prize winner. The second ticket drawn will be the Second Prize winner. The third ticket drawn will be the Third Prize winner.
Drawing results are not final until after a routine audit is conducted of the tickets in the drawing barrel.
2500 tickets are available for sale at a price of $55 for a single ticket and $50 per ticket when more than one ticket is purchased at a time. In the event fewer than 1500 tickets are sold by 2:55 pm on October 8, 2022, the raffle will be held as scheduled but will be conducted as a “50/50” drawing with 50% of the collected net revenues being divided between the three prizes. The First Prize winner will win an amount equal to 45% of the collected net revenues. The Second Prize winner will win an amount equal to 3.75% of the collected net revenues and the Third Prize winner will win an amount equal to 1.25%. For example, in the event 1100 tickets are sold, and the revenues less expenses is $55,000, the First Prize winner will win $24,750. Calculated as follows $55,000 x .45 = $24,750. Second Prize will win $2,062.50 ($55,000 x .0375 = $2,062.50) and Third Prize will win $687.50 ($55,000 x .0125 = $687.50. The calculation of the raffle ticket proceeds received, and the amount to be awarded are based solely on the Museum’s accounting, which shall be final and conclusive with respect to all prize winners. The odds of winning each prize depend on the number of tickets sold. First and then Second prize-winning tickets will be removed from the barrel and not included in drawings for the next prize.
Raffle tickets may be purchased from December 18, 2021, until all 2500 raffle tickets are sold or 2:55 pm on October 8, 2022, whichever comes first. Tickets may be purchased by mail, online, in-person at selected AACA Museum Inc. events, and at the AACA Museum located at 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, and from volunteers located across the state. Cash, Check, or PayPal linked to a bank account payment only. Checks and Money Orders should be made payable to the “AACA Museum Inc.,” Credit and Debit Cards will not be accepted for raffle ticket purchases.
Tickets are numbered sequentially, but the ticket sellers will have different groups of tickets, containing different ticket numbers. The Museum cannot promise that it will be able to sell a buyer a ticket with a specific ticket number.
Tickets are not transferable. Only one eligible person may be entered in the raffle per ticket sold. If the name of more than one person is submitted, and that ticket is selected as a winning ticket, then the person named first will be deemed the holder of record of that ticket and declared the winner. Division of the prize by a group shall be to the sole responsibility of the person named as the holder of record of that ticket, should that ticket be selected as a winner.
The Museum reserves the right to reject any ticket order submitted with payment in full that does not constitute “good funds” until valid replacement payment is received. All check charges for checks declined for insufficient funds after the drawing must be honored. In addition to charges from your bank, a $30 charge will be assessed by the Museum for insufficient funds or stop payment checks. Before the drawing, the Museum will make a reasonable effort to notify the individual whose payment has been rejected by attempting to make contact through the information provided. The Museum assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or non-delivered mail, email or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts before the drawing deadline.
Only persons who are at least 18-years old may purchase or be named on a raffle ticket. Museum Only persons who are at least 18-years old may purchase or be named on a raffle ticket. Museum Board members, officers, and volunteers may purchase raffle tickets and are eligible to win prizes on the same basis as any other purchaser of raffle tickets. However, the Museum employees and their spouses and children living in the same household are excluded from participating and are not eligible to win a prize. The raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited by law or otherwise restricted.
Selection of Winner
The Museum Corvette Raffle drawing is held on October 8, 2022 (the “drawing date”), from all eligible tickets. Winners need not be present to win. Winners are notified within seven (7) business days of the drawing via the ticket stub’s contact information. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to provide a valid, deliverable mailing address (no post office boxes), phone and/or email address, legibly printed on the ticket, for notification. To claim the Corvette Voucher or the cash as the prize, the First Prize winner must do the following within thirty (30) days following notification that they have won the First Prize:
- Make an election in writing between the car and the cash alternate prize;
- If the Corvette Voucher is chosen as the prize, the winner must pay to the Museum in certified funds an amount equal to the federal income tax withholding of 24% on thevalue of the Corvette, which shall be equal to the manufacturer’s suggested retail price a base model Corvette Stingray (C8) Coupe 1LT with standard options at the time of the drawing, or $63,000 whichever is lower. The amount is presently estimated to be $62,500. The federal income tax withholding amount would be $15,000. Still, the amount may vary due to changes in the manufacturer’s suggested retail price or other factors affecting the price of the car between the date of this disclosure and the drawing date. If the $40,000 cash prize is chosen or awarded, the taxes will be deducted and withheld by the Museum from the $40,000 prize, and the winner will be paid the remaining amount. The winner will also be responsible for state and local taxes, in addition to this 24% federal tax withholding, and should consult a tax advisor. See the prize limitation under “Tickets”;
- Provide the Museum with his or her name, address, and social security number, and any supporting information requested by the Museum, such as driver’s license and social security card, to verify that this information is correct. One piece of identification must contain a photo to prove that the person claiming the prize is the person who is named on the winning ticket;
- Sign IRS Form W-2G (or Form 1042 if the winner is a nonresident alien), and any other forms which the Museum determines are needed to be signed to record the winning and to pay the taxes to the IRS;
- Complete and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Acknowledgement, and Award of Prize, Liability Release, and Consent Form (“Affidavit”);
- Present the original ticket obtained for the contest;
- Pay the sales and/or excise taxes, notary fees, title transfer, and registration fees if the car option is chosen; and
- Provide proof of motor vehicle financial responsibility insurance. Second and Third Prize winners must return to the Museum a completed and signed Affidavit with a Social Security Number within sixty (60) days of notification that they have won the prize or the prize will be forfeited. If (i) the winner of a prize is unable to be notified within thirty (30) days from the drawing date or (ii) arrangements cannot be made with the winner within sixty (60) days of the drawing date regarding the delivery of the prize, or (iii) the winner declines acceptance of the prize, or (iv) the winner fails to submit the Affidavit of Eligibility, Acknowledgement, and Award of Prize, Liability Release and Consent Form, then (a) the winner will no longer be the winner, will forfeit all rights to claim the prize, and will have no right to any other prize or to receive any compensation or damages from the Museum, and (b) an alternate winner will be chosen by conducting a random drawing from the original pool of ticket entries, which will be held at 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA at 12:00 noon within fourteen (14) days following the determination of the forfeiture. The alternate winner shall be subject to these same Official Rules. No refunds will be made if a new drawing is held.
Taxes and Compliance with Laws
Prize winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes related to their prize, and the Museum shall file a 1099 Form with the IRS for each prize awarded. If the car is chosen, the First Prize winner assumes responsibility for all fees, local, state, and federal taxes (including but not limited to income taxes based on the value of the car), which must be paid before the car is transferred to the winner. Likewise, there are federal taxes, and there may be state and/or local tax consequences if the winner selects the alternate cash prize. The Museum takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities. Consult your tax advisor. This offer is void where prohibited by law, and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for compliance with all laws in connection with the possession, ownership, and operation of the car if the winner accepts the car prize.
Release and Limitations of Liability
Entrants release the Museum, its respective board, committee members, officers, employees, volunteers, and representative agents from any and all liability with respect to participation in the promotion and possession or use of the prize. Any liability of the Museum shall be limited to the actual amount paid for a ticket. In the case of a dispute, the Museum’s decision shall be final.
Entrant agrees to allow the Museum to use his/her name, image, and the city and state of his or her residence, without any compensation for any promotional activity related to this or any future raffle. No ticket holder’s address or contact information will be released to the public.
The Museum makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the 2022 Corvette Stingray (C8) Coupe 1LT, and disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the contract or breach thereof shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (pursuant to its expedited procedures) under its commercial arbitration rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This raffle shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Have Questions? Contact Us
AACA Museum Inc.
161 Museum Drive
Hershey, PA 17033