The AACA Museum experience is fun for all members of the family of every age! Here are a few family-friendly activities followed by special events.
Explore Interactive Exhibit Items Throughout The Museum
Travel through time and enjoy the scenery of the many cars, buses, and motorcycles on view. Hands-on activities are located on the main level and the lower gallery.
- The Machine Shop on the main level allows you to press a button to activate belt-driven machines from the early 1900s when parts were created one at a time.
- Visit the video kiosk in the 1920s scene and hear about a variety of topics such as “cars & courting,” “wheels & bumpers,” and more.
- Find the bell in the 1940s era gas station – if you jump on the cord the bell will ring for the attendant.
- Visit the 1950s drive-in and see what’s playing on the big screen.
- Punch-in for work at the time clock in the Cammack gallery
- Picture yourself behind the wheel of a Tucker ’48! Turn the wheel to better understand how the headlights work. The Tucker ’48 automobiles were best known for that famous cyclops headlight.
- Visit the Tucker dealership and pick up the phone to order your very own Tucker.
- Visit the 1940s diner and test out the jukebox and see the popular menu items of the day.
- The Model train room is sure to delight with numerous buttons to push that make each scene come to life.
The Assembly Line Experience
Learn how automobile production evolved from one-at-a-time custom builds to mass production via the assembly line process. Build your own vehicle using the assembly line process.
PokemonGo is an online game that you play using your own device and the PokemonGo app. For those of you familiar with the game, we have a #PokeGym and two #PokeStops on the property, not to mention all those Pokemon you can find while walking around the Museum.
Note: You must have the Pokemon App on your own electronic device to be able to play.