Valve Cover Racing at the AACA Museum Car Show
Time: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Location: AACA Museum grounds @ 161 Museum Drive Hershey
Valve Cover Racing
Test-n-Tune all day, Race @ 4PM
- No propulsion mechanisms or moving weights.
- Covers must have four wheels with non-metallic surface contacting the track.
- Wheels can be attached to the cover in any manner and can not extend past front of valve cover.
- Covers shall be actual valve or side (flat heads) cover from an automobile engine.
- Appearance alterations encouraged
- 30 inch maximum length.
- 15 inch maximum width.
- 10 inch maximum height.
- 10 pounds maximum.
- Lowest valve cover surface ¾” or more above track surface
Track is two lanes. A valve cover is started with their front wheels on the start line rail in each lane. Start line rail for both lanes is dropped at the same time. Both covers coast to finish line. The winner is the first cover to have its front wheels cross the finish line
A heat consists of one valve cover in each lane racing to finish line. Valve covers swap lanes and run again, constituting one heat. The same two valve covers run heats until one wins the most. The winning valve cover will advance to the next heat. Heats will continue until all valve covers are eliminated except one.
Young Speedster: Ages up to 18
Wild Speedster : Ages 19 to 50
Tired speedster: Age 51 up
ENTRY FEE (Payable day of event at race track)
(Includes Test-n-Tune all day and Race run offs at 4:00PM)
$1 Young Speedster: w/adult Wild or Tired Speedster “Sponsor”
$10 Wild Speedster:
$10 Tired Speedster:
INFO/PHOTOS: Tom Ehrhart TT@tigertoms.net 717-832-1116
>>>>>>> Free demonstrations available at your club event <<<<<<<
More current events to enjoy
|Two for $10 Tuesdays - To celebrate our 10th Anniversary - Every Tuesday in 2013!||Jan 8,2013 - Dec 31,2013|